- ½ c amaranth
- ½ c basmati rice
- 2 c water
- Add some pistachios, chopped dates/figs, 2-3 T maple syrup, fresh ginger, 3 crushed cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, nutmeg (could also do cardamom + rose water + saffron)
- Cook for 15 min on stove top
Moong Bean Broth Recipe
- 1/2 c moong beans or green gram
- 3 ½ to 4 c of water for cooking
- Optional vegetables like carrot (can remove in cleanse)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 in fresh ginger
- ¾ t cumin seeds
- ½ t turmeric
- Pinch of hing
- Spices :
- ¾ t coriander powder
- ¾ t fennel powder
- ¾ t garam marsala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Soak moong beans overnight, rinse beans well. Cook moong beans with vegetables and water until very soft. Mash beans with blender or food processor and add back to pan.
- Heat oil/ghee in a small pan, add cumin, then grated ginger, sauté lightly. Add this oil mixture to soup.
- Then add salt and spices. Mix, and bring to a low boil for 2 min. Remove from heat, add lemon juice. Eat only the broth part of the soup that is sitting on top of sediment at the bottom of the pot. When done with the broth, discard the sediment, and make a new batch the next day.
- 1 cup of tahini (sesame paste)
1/3 cup of almond butter (or peanut butter)
½ cup of honey
1 1/2 cups of herb mix
- – 4 T gokshura – sex, sleep
- – 4 T gudduchi – digestion, sex, sleep
- – 2 T ashwaghanda – sex, sleep
- – 2 T shatavari – sex, sleep
- – 1 T vetiver – sleep
- – 1 T cardamom – digestion
- – 1 T ginger – digestion
- – 1 T licorice – digestion, sleep, sex
- – 2 t nutmeg – digestion sleep
- ½ cup of cocoa nibs (can substitute chopped chocolate chips if necessary)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut*
- Mix the nut butter and the sweetener in a large bowl.
- When they are evenly mixed, begin adding your powdered herbs – add about 1-2 ounces at a time, stir them in.
- After your powdered herbs are evenly mixed in, add some ingredients for texture and added flavor and stir until the mixture gets to a formable consistency (remember that you want to be able to form balls).
- Use your hands to roll pieces of the mix. Once the balls are formed, feel free to roll them in some shredded coconut, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, or even dip them in some bittersweet dipping chocolate.
- Place each ball in a container for storage. In the fridge, these treats will last a few months, so if you prefer making a bigger batch, go for it!