Eyes are considered a Pitta organ in Ayurveda. For Dry Itchy Red Eyes: A Lovely Ayurvedic Remedy is to put 1 drop of castor oil in each eye before bed. Then in the morning, place a few drops of rose water in each eye. Your eyes will be bright, white and the castor oil extracts the impurities & irritations from the eyes. Or make an appointment and come in for a Netra Tarpana Eye treatment. A dough ring is placed around each eye, and then the eyes are bathed in ghee. The ghee and dough rings are removed and turmeric smoke is wafted near the eyes to cause natural tearing. Then rosewater eye drops are applied, and the client rests. You will have sharper and clearer vision with soothed eyes.
5 Cool Ways To Stay Cool This Summer
1. Drink cooling herbal teas such as cumin, coriander, and fennel tea.
2. Eat cooling and more easily digestable meals such as kitchari and salads.
3. Consider applying cooling essential oils to the body, such as sandalwood and khus.
4. At bedtime, consider applying coconut oil to your scalp and feet
5. Perform a daily oil massage with cooling oils such as sunflower or coconut oil
See https://healthyayurveda.com/ayurvedic-perspective-5-cool-ways-to-stay-cool-this-summer/ for the complete article.