The goals of Ayurveda are:
To keep the body in a state of health and free from disease.
To free us from suffering.
To show one how to use health as a basis for their true purpose in Life.
When we live our lives in such a way that we choose things that support
our true purpose in Life, we are on the path of enlightenment.
The guiding principles of Ayurveda are:
- Take time each day to quiet your mind (meditate).
- Eat a colorful, flavorful diet.
- Engage in daily exercise that enhances flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Sleep soundly at night.
- Eliminate what is not serving you.
- Cultivate loving, nurturing relationships.
- Perform work that awakens your passion.